Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Saturday, December 2, 2023

Happy Rainy Saturday

At our local library,  A little get together class to make ornaments out of old Christmas cards.

It was fun. A little table set up with Christmas cookies to snack on while chatting and creating.

Here are mine.

A pointed petal shaped pattern was traced on the card then cut out.

Circles cut from Styrofoam plate and glued to card shape to give it lift. Not looking so flat. 

I used three for mine    There were Yƍ Yos to sew a button to and then hot glue or in my case with my granddaughter there we used glue dots.  

Pattern shape and this is the back of my finished ornament


In-between is a circle cut from a Styrofoam plate to keep the layers separated.  More 3d.  


Here is mine



A little hole punched and then hung from tree or garland.  I may use a couple of mine for gift wrapping.

🎄🎄 
betsy


8 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Guess your granddaughter loved this!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did so much Mariette. She made some collage type ornaments. She is 10 now and I have to grab all the time I can while she wants to still do things with me. So much fun. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Betsy! They will certainly look nice on a present. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty ornaments, and what a great way to spend a rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments are adorable! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry. We did have a good time.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely star! It will be lovely to see them on a tree or very cute on a wrapped gift. Happy December Betsy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...