Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Friday, December 10, 2021

Town decorations

Traveling through the town about a mile and a half from our house are the fine old Victorian homes, most of them go all out with Christmas lights and other decorations.

The best one yet or the most creative is this one.  I just thought this was so cute the way the deer are substituted for deer crossing signs.

Here is another that looks like a gingerbread house
This one really got our attention as we rode through this little railroad town.
This was once a tree that was removed from the yard and carved into some kind of figure.  I like how they fashioned a Santa hat on it from lights.
Here is a short clip of one that was lit very pretty, much prettier than what I captured.  
I will have to get out a little earlier before it gets totally dark to film.






5 comments:

  1. Wonderful decorations! I have noticed our small town is much more decorated than in the past. It is fun just to take a quick trip to the grocery store at night. I take a different route every time. Those deer crossing signs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun like you say going out running a few errands at night and take in the neighborhood decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    That second photo looks very attractive due to the use of all white lights!
    Brought back fond memories of the time in 2004 when I drove to a neighboring town, famous for elaborate Christmas lights. Two deaf kids, our Anita and her then fiancée, in the car and yet enjoying the season of wonder.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Betsy, it is so much fun to go out and see all the Christmas lights. We used to do it every year when the kids were small. We still do but it isn't as much fun with just the two of us. Well, there is always 4 of us but the two dogs sleep through pretty much all of it!..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...