Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Thursday, December 16, 2021

Decorations

I didn't pull out as much this year in decorations.  Too much going on like some regrouting in bathrooms and today the installation of a new storm door.  I haven't finished shopping yet either.  I did manage to get to the store for some items for Christmas dinner.  I want to bake cookies this week end.  I must say I didn't let the decorations take control of me this year like they have in previous years.  They will be in the attic if I need them next year. 

I clipped some boxwood to make a kissing ball I guess it's called and hung in stairwell.  

I made a mess as usual when I make things, but it eventually gets cleaned up. 
Ribbons are not the best-looking things hanging down from it.  I must fix that. 

A shot of the tree looking up from where I hung the kissing ball.  
My mantle with some garland.  I will have better pictures hopefully tomorrow after all is done from workers here.
Genevieve and Great Grandma playing checkers.  Mom won all five games they played.  Genevieve gotplenty of pointers from her as she loves checkers as much as her Great Grandma.





8 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Good for you for leaving most of your decorations in the attic.
    We have had no time to do anything so far. The painters (2) did come on Monday and left early yesterday around 2:30 PM but today is a little drizzle so they did not come. Hate this stopping in-between such major tasks as the exterior painting. Last week they did not come due to rain.
    Christmas is coming at us fast!
    Pieter is repairing bridge number three. The wood needs replacing every now and then; an ongoing task.
    He had to most work with getting the rusted screws out...
    I'm editing the 790 scanned negatives, they need a lot of work as some had the gelatin attacked by mold. But that too will end one day.
    Last night we had a two-hour rehearsal of our choir with the orchestra and organist for our Händel's Messiah performance this Sunday. BUSY but how fast the time races on...
    Great interaction between your Mom and her great-granddaughter. She is still as sharp as a tag and can sure teach your granddaughter some tricks she will cherish for the remainder of her life.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette, trying to get rusted screws out is a big chore.
      We are painting our wooden fence but I can see there will have to be some major repairs on that too. 790 scanned negatives? Wow! You have been super busy. I started scanning some I found in Moms books and some my grandfather had. I am using photo shop. Do you use that or another program? It takes such a long time as you know to try ad repair some that have cracks. I did colorize a few and they turned out pretty good.
      Yes, mom can play checkers and she loves that game. Chinese checkers also but haven't found that game yet. I like Chinese checkers better.

      Delete
    2. Betsy, I'm using Photo Shop as well. Hugs to you 💞

      Delete
  2. Betsy, it looks like you have done just enough Christmas and it looks so pretty. Your tree and garland look beautiful and what a wonderful sight to see the two girls play checkers. That is so cute..Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the same page as you regarding the Christmas decor, Betsy! I have a few boxes that will not make the cut this year as well. Your kissing ball is lovely. Decorations made from boxwood are the loveliest in my opinion. That's wonderful that your grands know their great grandmother! Do I see that your mother turned 100? That is amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your decorations are wonderful. I drug out all the containers that I have, but most have gone back away without emptying them. My family is coming on Sunday and I have moved to emergency mode. I did bake this morning. What I really need is an army of cleaning fairies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I know what it feels like to be in the emergency mode. You will be exhausted I know when you finish. The cleaning never stops. I hope you can rest some before your family arrives. Some lucky one gets your Hallmark bedroom. Have fun and Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Betsy,
    Love your kissing ball...what a great idea!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...