Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas greenery

Today Steve, my sister Lynn and I toured Maymont Mansion to see the Christmas decorations.   Lots of greenery and beautifully set table for dinner.  Red ribbon was draped on the table and beautiful very large arrangement of red roses was the centerpiece.  Mrs Dooley loved roses.
The tree was decorated in paper doily ornaments along with cones and other handmade ornaments. Gifts were hung on the tree  and not placed under the tree.  Needless to say,  the gifts were not large and fit well in the branches wrapped in white paper with red ribbon.  Tape was not available in their day, straight pins were used to secure the paper to the package.  The staircase was decorated with lots of heavy thick greenery tied with very large red ribbon. 
No pictures were allowed to be taken inside, so I just have more of the outside greenery.   After the tour, we headed to Buz and Ned's for the best barbecue, spare ribs and great tasting lemonade.


I had to capture this skeletal tree.   Star Magnolia.  I love the gnarly limbs against the pretty blue sky.



 This blding. was once used by the Dooley's as a garage for their carriages and motor cars.  The window now decorated with dolls and toys.   This picture is of a gift box with a nice picture of a little girl.
 I must use magnolia leaves for my windows next year,  I really like the way they look in the sill
the carriages had greenery tied to them for the Christmas season,  I thought was a nice touch.

Lynn standing in front of a very large cedar tree


I forgot the name of these statues,  but they sure look cold standing there in front of a frozen pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...