Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lewis Ginter

My husband and I went to see the lights at Lewis Ginter Botanical gardens.  A special treat for members night was that we were able to tour the home of Lewis Ginter.   First pictures are of the gardens at Ginter.
Here is a peacock that is made of nothing but lites.


walking from the home to the garden

Model of Mount Vernon
 There were doll houses on display done by various artist and decorated

Nice tree house with decorated Christmas trees

this house was done with plastic canvas

Every flower ornament on this tree was grown here at Ginter and dried downstairs
daffodils, lambs ear, money plant , and orchids to name a few
very fragile and beautiful

money plant on a ball
you can see the daffodil next to it

another garden view


front porch,  I noticed there was not any greenery around the door this yea





 parlor close up of mantle with candelabra


 I like how the garland drapes to the floor




I looked up as I was moving to the next room and saw this beautiful stained glass
wonder if it is a Tiffany



Every decoration has flowers , butterflies and birds

view looking to the gardens from inside home



1 comment:

  1. OMG!! How beautiful everything is this post is!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...