Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas visit to Gari Melchers home to tour

A visit to Falmouth near Fredericksburg VA, home of Gari Melchers and his wife Corinne Melchers. 

A native of Detroit Michigan born Julius Garibaldi Melchers in 1880 studied art at 17 at Kunstakademie Dusseldorf, then off to Paris after 3 years for study there.  

His wife Corinne was an American painter. A gardener and rosarian, she was involved with the restoration of the grounds of Kenmore Plantation, built by George Washingtons sister Betty Washington Lewis and husband Fielding Lewis a Fredericksburg merchant. 

Home of Gari and Corinne went through many changes over the years

We enjoyed the walk outside seeing natural greenery with ribbon.  Inside lovely Christmas decorations.  


front door



entrance hall with his little tree that had crystals on the limbs that shimmered with the spotlight 
Looking straight ahead entering the hallway is this view of the landscape surrounding home.
"On my return to Fredericksburg, I walked through the house and opening the back door, looked down the hill across the fields and the river.  The beauty of Virginia made me wonder how I could ever have left it even for a winter." __Gari Melchers


peek to sunporch


Up the stairs to guest rooms


Pretty guest room upstairs 




I especially like the below painting and the discription




Spring house on property circa 1932







1 comment:

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...