Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hotel Jefferson

Steve and I went to the Jefferson Hotel on Sunday to see the Christmas decorations Jan. 4th  before they came down for the year the day after. 




Old Pompey lived here at the Jefferson until his death in 1948
Tourist from Florida,  brought alligators here when they became to large to take care of.
Lobby and Jefferson in the distance
decorated mirror with ribbon and ornaments on one side and the other with poinsettias

Large stained glass with the Letters H J 

I didn't get a great picture of the tree as a buffet Sunday Lunch was being served. 
I didn't feel comfortable snapping shots while they were eating.
I took these from top of the steps and then zoomed in 
Total elegance

looks like one got out
In the lobby area you can see that tea is set up and ready for guests who choose to have it

lobby area with display 


So happy to see the reason for the season "nativity" here in the lobby
beautiful!
One of many sitting or lounging areas
I like how the arrangement is up lit to show the beautiful contrast and colors of the arrangement

the gift shop and coffee shop where had a croissant and a great coffee
ceiling above the coffee and gift shop area


another lounge area near entrance to rotunda and ballroom



I like the way it blurred,  sort of like watercolor








2 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy, that Hotel is magnificent!! I'm sure you knew I would love that! Just beautiful! The Christmas decorations are wonderful and yes so glad to see a Nativity there. The alligators are a surprise huh?
    Thanks so much for taking us along on the tour!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifully decorated Hotel. The hotel itself is so grand!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!

    Thanks too for dropping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...