Welcome

All pictures on site are taken by me unless I say otherwise.
Click on pictures if you wish to enlarge for better look.






Saturday, August 27, 2016

pretty in pink

My little pink tree made of tulle.  Read that these little trees were popular in the '50's.    I have always wanted to make one .
I cut a dowel in half which made it 18 inches.  A disc I cut from a piece of wood I had in the shed.  I drilled a hole in the disc and glued the dowel in the opening.
Didn't have any pink paint on hand so I glued wrapping paper to the disc.
The pattern called for 10 discs cut from tulle in varying sizes.  I decided it needed more so I cut some in different sizes in 1/2 inch more that the disc next to it.   The tulle folded in half witha running stitch a quarter of the way down from fold.  
I made sure I separated the tulle from the other so it was fluffy.

Tulle in different sizes






getting there with a few more to go

Leaving the top for an angel or star - hope I can find a vintage angel

Will place little small christmas balls on it too.  Not gonna glue them but will just put little wire hanger on them .



I am sharing with  Life and Linda - Dishing and Digging it Link Party

6 comments:

  1. How cute! Thanks for giving such easy-to-follow directions. I may try one of these. I'm eager to see it with the tree topper and ornaments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree is so pretty. Love the pink color. Fun tutorial too. Thanks for sharing.
    I would love if you share this fabulous tree at our link party today, Dishing It & Digging It. it starts at 4:00 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy! Your tree is just too too cute! Thanks for the tutorial as I would love to make one, and I even have some tulle in my sewing room. I hope you find a vintage angel for the top.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas tree are beautiful and I love how easy it is to make. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    I LOVE this!! Tanks so much for sharing and thanks for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they really do look impressive. The pink is a delight, my Grandaughters would love that colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!
Some have 'no reply enabled'

I sometimes comeback to leave a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...